Inspirational Sales Quotes To Motivate Your Team | Do This Sell More Show 67
Written by Dave Lorenzo on October 24, 2019 / Inside BS Podcast
Inspirational Sales Quotes To Motivate Your Team
In this show I share 5 inspirational sales quotes and the meaning behind them. Each one of these quotes can motivate you and your team to make more sales. Learn and implement these – you’ll thank me for it.
1) “Every battle is won or lost before it’s ever fought” – Sun Tzu
Preparation is critical for sales. You need to prepare on multiple levels. Do your research before a meeting and understand what the company’s priorities are and how you can help them with these. If it’s a public company there will be lots of information available for you but remember that the company will seek to put a positive spin on most information it releases so dive deeper and read analysts reports so you know what those inside the company are really talking about. Your research should include:
– understanding how the industry works
– understanding how economic forces affect the industry
– knowing how the economic forces affect your client
– knowing how industry forces affect your client
– the internal dynamics of the company and what customers and staff say about it
2) “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will” – Vince Lombardi
The way you approach your work will determine your success. You should have an iron will to succeed at all costs as long as it’s legal, moral and ethical. That’s a will to win, and that’s how you get ahead in sales.
3) “People don’t want to buy a drill. They want a hole” – Theodore Levitt
Nobody cares about your product or service. People only care about the outcome that’s important to them. That’s why this is such an inspirational sales quote. Find out what they want, then focus on selling that! The extent to which you can identify and fill your clients’ needs and wants will determine your success in sales. Don’t make the schoolboy error of selling products and features – sell benefits and outcomes.
4) “The secret of getting ahead is getting started” – Mark Twain
Always take progress over perfection. Your goal should be to start something new and move forward as rapidly as possible. Have a sense of urgency at all time. Remember, mistakes may happen, but if you’re moving forward you can adjust quicker than your competition. It’s difficult to adjust if you’re static and you don’t have the momentum. Attack new methods with vigour. Be first, be fast and you will win!
5) “Grow up, show up and you’ll blow up” – Dave Lorenzo
My favorite quote of all 🙂 I might be biased but heck, if you stop making excuses and do what you say you’ll do, you’ll be successful. Stop making excuses, keep your commitments and your word to your clients, forget about excuses and get going! This isn’t just an inspirational sales quote – this is great life advice, period!
Be sure to listen to this show and download it using the player below: