Deb Gabor: A Branding Clinic for Your Self Brand | Do This Sell More Show 9
Written by Dave Lorenzo on May 23, 2019 / Inside BS Podcast
The Do This Sell More Show began as a weekly interview between Dave Lorenzo and a special guest. In this show Dave’s guest is Deb Gabor.
In this episode, Dave and Deb discuss:
- How your brand is your target and the 3 questions to ask to raise their profile.
- Building your brand and story around a specific avatar.
- How to get inside the head of your ideal client.
- Consistency and authenticity in brand success.
Key Takeaways and actionable tips:
- Don’t try and be everything to everyone. Focus everything on your best customer and build the brand for the best customer.
- Your ideal customer is a human being, not a business.
- Irrational loyalty is available to any company as long as you understand your customer’s hero story.
- Don’t get stuck in the middle of the pyramid, go to the top of the pyramid.
“Being a hero means becoming your ideal customer.” – Deb Gabor
Sign up for the Do This, Sell More Course
About Deb Gabor
Deb Gabor is the founder of Sol Marketing, a consultancy that has led successful strategy engagements since 2003 for global brands like Dell, Microsoft, and NBCUniversal, and for numerous digital brands, including Allrecipes, Cheezburger, HomeAway, and many more.
A leading expert on brand disasters, she is the author of two best-selling books about branding: Irrational Loyalty and Branding Is Sex: Get Your Customers Laid and Sell the Hell out of Anything, and she has been featured in USA Today and other major publications. A displaced Midwesterner, Deb currently lives in Austin, Texas, but travels frequently to help her clients build bulletproof brands.
Connect with Deb Gabor
Book: Irrational Loyalty: Building a Brand That Thrives in Turbulent Times &
Branding Is Sex: Get Your Customers Laid and Sell the Hell Out of Anything
About Dave Lorenzo
David Lorenzo is a sales expert, business strategy consultant, and author who has built five successful businesses during the past 25 years. Some of his most impressive ventures include taking a corporate housing company from start-up to over $50 million in annual revenue and leading a professional services firm from start-up to over $250 million in revenue.
Dave does three things: He works with business leaders to develop sales strategy and drive revenue growth. He develops and delivers speeches and training programs that increase sales. He coaches entrepreneurs, sales executives, and professionals on relationship-based sales strategy.
Dave received his MBA from Pace University. He also holds a Masters’ of Science in Strategic Communications from Columbia University in New York City.
Connect with Dave Lorenzo
Subscribe to the Do This, Sell More Podcast
Spread the wealth – rate, review and share this with your friends and colleagues!